Preparing for my trip on Friday, I began writing a list to pack in my travel kitchen. I know that I don’t need to bring much as far as health foods when I travel to Southern Califonia, but this list served me well on my last trip.
My last trip was a little different because as I was driving across the great US of A where fresh, organic produce was not always available. This time I will only be away for a week, but I like to have options for the time I will be visiting family.
Spices will be in small 1/2- to 1oz jars.
This far this is my list:
- Small amount of sea veggies (probably Nori sheets, to change a salad to a wrap) <– if I get hungry at the airport, I eat them plain too
- Some homemade raw bread (to share once I am there) – this is great when you are out & want to make a sandwich out of a salad
- 2 sample size jars of vitamineral green & greener grasses. <– not going to have my juicer, so powdered greens will suffice
- 1/2 cup chia seeds <– sprinkle on salads, add to water in AM to keep hydrated
- zippy bag of Spirilina tablets <– afternoon green Boost
- 1/2c Cacao <— I mixed with maca, chia, honey, water for a fudgie pick-me-up treat
- 1/2c Maca
- Honey (maybe)
- Essential Oils: peppermint, clary sage, lavender, oregano (therapeutic grade) <— used for decompressing once I had arrived
- 1 Nutmilk bag ?
- ceramic Veggie Peeler <— for fruits from the farmers market, hardly needed
- Wooden spoon <– didn’t end up taking
- Plastic lettuce knife – gets through security so I don’t have to check a bag <–made salads for lunch break during conference in our room
- Chopsticks ! <– my silverware
- mini spice jars Celtic sea salt, cayanne, cinnamon, fresh dried stevia (I picked up the 1/2oz glass jars from a craft shop – in the airbrushing dept, had a few already but knew where to get more)
- Sprouted Buckwheat groats, dehydrated
This may sound like a lot, or a hassle. But it really isn’t, it packs pretty small & makes my trip flow so well. I never feel trapped without my favorite treats if the market is closed or I am in a rush.
I will add a pic of it all ready to go tomorrow.
Eat fresh, live refreshed.